Find It Fast!
Information for Students
Students at Athol-South Marysburgh Public School are expected to attend school wearing clean, tidy, modest clothing which presents a positive image. Our dress code is designed to encourage self-respect, respect for others, responsibility and safety in our school. Students will be required to cover, remove, replace or turn inside out such articles as are deemed inappropriate. If staff members deem student attire to be inappropriate then the student will be asked to take the clothing home and not wear it to school in the future. Although the appropriateness of individual articles will be determined by staff, the following guidelines will serve as information for parents, staff, and students.
1) Clothing with slogans or graphics promoting drugs, alcohol, violence, negative messages, profanity, prejudice or sex are inappropriate for school attire.
2) Undergarments are to remain covered by outer clothing at all times.
3) Shorts/skirts will be of an appropriate length.
4) Shirts must meet the top of pants/skirts/shorts ( i.e. midriff must be covered) and have appropriate sized arm holes.
5) Hats/caps may be worn outside only.
6) Indoor shoes are to be worn inside the school at all times.